Monday, November 03, 2003

Well, they knocked out a wall and a chimney breast, on Saturday, and today, Monday, there seems to be lots of hammering going on. I'll check out what it is all about this evening. I'm staying in the downstairs flat while they do the upstairs one, then I'll move upstairs and they can do the downstairs flat.

That's the plan so far, anyway. Meanwhile I can stress out about £40,000 or more being spent on my credit cards to pay for all this: more like £50,000, most probably, which may mean me applying for another card or two to cover it... Hope the property market doesn't crash just yet: it is looking decidedly toppy, what with interest rates bottomed out and most likely about to rise and the authorities finally discovering that people have been abusing self-certified mortages by lying about their incomes, thus over inflating property prices...

No comments: