Saturday, November 01, 2003

Where's my last entry? Anyway, plan E: 2 bed upstairs, 2 bed downstairs. Should be safe enough to pass, so the builders started yesterday. The architect e-mailed me a copy of the plan so I can print it out in miniature - he's blaming the postal strike for not snail-mailing the plans to me. The council has received them too, he says, although they haven't acknowledged that yet. I need to talk to them about where the new front door for the upstairs flat is going to go, as I would prefer it to go at the left of the front of the house and not next to the existing front door in the centre of the front of the house, as if it is at the centre, the downstairs living room loses a window as a corridor has to go in front of it: naff, if you ask me. However, the council planners don't like changing the frontage of houses, so I will have to ask them.

Meanwhile, the builders are in, upstairs, knocking out the kitchen/bathroom interface wall so it can be moved a bit, and generally doing initial demolition.

Hope those plans pass...

No comments: