Sunday, February 04, 2007

Katherine of Alexandria

Well, I got a fair bit of writing done this week. I am estimating the length of the completed novelization to be around 60,000 words, so I have done about 13% of it so far at 7,800 words (first draft only).

I don't think I will get very far with finding an agent until I have written more. I get the impression they will need around 20,000 words to read and assess before considering me seriously as a client. I guess they are busy people and get a lot of time-wasters contacting them.

I have been thinking about Katherine's philosophy somewhat this week. In a film, it is hard to show, except in short sound-byte style, but in a book it ought to be possible to expand on that considerably. However, at this stage I am not clear about how exactly I am going to do that. Instead, I am just continuing to write. I am not making a plan as such (given that I have the script, after all). But I may need to take a little time out to plan that aspect more carefully.

No comments: