Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another Good Day

4285 words now... Ready to start the third 'scene' tomorrow. Things are really starting to move in the story now, as well: with the next scene the story will begin to overlap with the movie directly so I will be less inclined to half-worry that I am wasting my time or something.

I had been a bit concerned that I might not get much done, as I started writing rather late in the afternoon, but in the end, I did quite a lot - more than a page, anyway. I think of that as quite a lot. I am just hoping it won't need too much revision when I glance over it tomorrow.

Normally I revise the text as I go along, then look at it again from time-to-time over the next few days as I continue adding more to the end. Finally, I go through the entire work, ideally quite a long time after I have finished my first pass through, so that ideas and preconceptions about it have been at least partially forgotten and I can see it with fresh eyes. I can't, really, but to a limited extent I can if I leave the revision for a while. I probably won't get the time to do that with this work, though, as it is needed rather quickly so I will just have to do a quick pass through as soon as I reach the end, then hand it in to the studio to get their opinions on it.

Then I will make some revisions, I am sure! But hopefully nothing more than minor ones. ;-)

No comments: