Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I've Written A Bit

Well, a bit of the book got written today... I'm planning to get home and, after brewing a cup of tea and checking for any urgent e-mails, just begin. There's no need to mope about thinking about it: delaying tactics are just a waste of time (of course). Better to create a habit of beginning ASAP each day and just get on with it. After a short time, I hope, the habit will drive me onwards and it will become more and more easy to just go along with it.

Getting things done long term can often be assisted by the cultivation of good habits, I think, and by the elimination or variation of bad or unhelpful ones.

Well, that's the plan, anyway. I've written a few paragraphs. Maybe 300 words. And that took three hours.

I'm not saying I won't cross any of it out or anything, but getting it written in the first place is where I would be most likely to come unstuck. The second most likely place would be for me to give up or get distracted by old, unhelpful habits reasserting themselves, part-way through the project as habits are prone to do - but I don't think that will happen as, after all, the studio would like a product!

No comments: